This program has been designed for young players with some experience, to supplement a normal club training program by significantly improving a player’s technical ability and making them a better player. Sessions run for 90 minutes as a minimum, and include small group training with a focus on individuals getting as many touches on the ball as possible to keep them engaged and challenged. The first 60 minutes will consist of:
- ball mastery, learning how to manipulate the ball with all surfaces of the foot
- using both feet instead of relying upon their dominant side. This makes them a more balanced player
- first touch, turning, dribbling, running with the ball, striking the ball, quick feet, as well as passing and receiving
- a strong focus on 1v1
The remaining 30+ minutes will involve small sided games of 2v2/3v3, which will give the players opportunity to put into practise what they are learning.
Why small sided games? What are the advantages?
- Players have more touches on the ball
- Realistic to the game
- Increased repetition of skills and techniques
- Creates more 1v1 situations
- Creates more defending opportunities
- Creates more attacking opportunities
- Quick transitions
- Encourages creativity
- Players have the opportunity to play in multiple positions
- Demands high-intensity levels
- Generates more goal scoring opportunities
- Improves players ABCs Agility, balance, co-ordination
- Small sided games are enjoyable for all players
- Improves players communication
- Demands a high level of competition
Program outcomes include improved fitness, speed, dominance in a 1v1 situation, and increased confidence.
Ultimately I am ensuring that players get many touches on the ball to keep them engaged and challenged. Please contact me to for more information.